Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fooseball

I have a new addiction now. Its called Foosball. It has become sort of a routine for me to have a game or two post - lunch in our office cafetaria. But a game or two ain't enough. So i try to squeeze in another game or two before i leave for home everyday.
This tell two things. Even after crossing the psychological age of 30 i am still enthusiastic about sports. Indoor or Outdoor, doesn't matter. Secondly i can pick up a new sport fast; though not as fast as i used to do earlier.

And that is a worrying point for me. Earlier, i used to get in the groove of the game very soon. I would pick up the finer points, the tricks etc of a sport naturally within a few games. And would start beating a supposed expert fast.
But not with fooseball.
Foose - ball requires quite a bit of hands-eye coordiantion. It needs good reflexes and nice anticipation. I thought i had all that since i used to be a decent close in fielder in cricket. Or even table tennis i picked up rather fast.

But with each passing day i am finding that i am not as quick as i used to be. Secondly, i have started giving up soon. I am not fighting hard enough. And i am worried that i am becoming more matured now. I used to like winning. Now i think i am not working on my wins hard enough.

All these are not good signs. Or may be they are. The obsessive need to win everything in life may not be a very good sign after all. Who knows.

Right now i am enjoying my fooseball. Analysis about me getting older, can wait.

No comments: